https://i1.wp.com/thepacenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/ThePaceNews-wotd-evince-600x312.jpg?fit=600%2C312&ssl=1 312 600 The Pace News https://thepacenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/The-Pace-News-Logo-633x156-300x74.png The Pace News2019-07-31 06:53:192019-07-31 06:53:19Word of the Day: EVINCE
The word for today is: EVINCE
- To constitute outward evidence.
- To reveal or display.
- They have never evinced any readiness or ability to negotiate.
- The teenager caught shoplifting seemed to evince no remorse.
- Convince, reveal, show, express.
- Make clear, make plain, make obvious, make manifest.
- Indicate, display, exhibit, demonstrate.
- Attest to, testify to, bear witness to.
- Conceal, hide, keep hidden.
- The word evince originated from a Latin word “evincere” which means “To vanquish” or “Win a point”.
- The word “Vincere” also means “To conquer”.
- The first known usage of this word is in the year “1604”.