https://i2.wp.com/thepacenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/ThePaceNews-wotd-accolade-600x312.jpg?fit=600%2C312&ssl=1 312 600 The Pace News https://thepacenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/The-Pace-News-Logo-633x156-300x74.png The Pace News2019-08-07 06:00:322019-08-07 06:00:03Word of the Day: ACCOLADE
The word for today is: ACCOLADE.
- A mark of acknowledgment or award an expression of praise.
- A ceremonial embrace.
- A brace or a line used in music to join two or more staffs carrying simultaneous parts.
- Mr. Kodunmi received the highest accolade of his profession.
- His girlfriend deserves a accolade for enduring his maltreatment.
- This movie has drawn accolades from both fans and critics.
- There is no any higher accolade at this school than an honorary degree.
- For their exceptional bravery, the firefighters received accolades from both local and national officials.
- Encomium, citation, commendation, dithyramb, eulogium, eulogy, homage, hymn, paean, panegyric, salutation, tribute.
- Rebuke, indictment, reprimand, reproof, censure, condemnation, denunciation.
- Sermon, lecture, harangue, admonition, correction.
- This word means “embrace”.
- It was borrowed from a Middle French word “acoler” meaning “to embrace”.
- Its first known usage was dated 1591.