https://i0.wp.com/thepacenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/ThePaceNews-wotd-embezzle-600x312.jpg?fit=600%2C312&ssl=1 312 600 The Pace News https://thepacenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/The-Pace-News-Logo-633x156-300x74.png The Pace News2019-08-01 06:57:042019-08-01 06:57:04Word of the Day: EMBEZZLE
The word for today is: EMBEZZLE
- Steal money that you have been trusted with.
- To take for selfish reasons in violation of trust.
- To appropriate (something, such as property entrusted to one’s care) fraudulently to one’s own use.
- The company’s senior accounts manager embezzled one thousand dollars ($1,000) from her employer by way of a loophole in the accounting procedures.
- The politician absconded with embezzled public fund.
- Thieve, steal, rob ,swipe, misapply, convert, take over, defalcate, peculate.
- Give, return, hand over.
- The word “embesilen” is a late Middle English and it was derived from an Anglo-French word “embeseiller” which means “to destroy” or “make away with”.
- Em + baseiller means “to destroy” or “to steal” or “to plunder”.
- The first usage to this word was traced back to the 15th century. In another research it says between the year 1375 – 1425.