https://i1.wp.com/thepacenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/08/ThePaceNews-wotd-slake-600x312.jpg?fit=600%2C312&ssl=1 312 600 The Pace News https://thepacenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/07/The-Pace-News-Logo-633x156-300x74.png The Pace News2019-08-06 06:00:442019-08-06 01:17:13Word of the Day: SLAKE
The word for today is: SLAKE
- To provide, do, or have what is required.
- Archaic: subside, abate, crumble, moderate.
- To cause (a substance) to heat and crumble by treatment with water.
- Satisfy, quench.
- Trying to slake his curiosity.
- The cold water slaked his thirst.
- Hanging out with you has never slacked my love for adventure.
- Assuage, quench, sate, satiate, satisfy.
- Arouse, excite, pique, stimulate, tantalize, tease.
- This word is from an old English “slacian” from “sleac” slack.
- Its first usage was traced back to 14 century.