https://thepacenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/12/leeds-west-ham_copy_800x450.jpg 450 800 The Pace News The Pace News2020-12-11 13:16:072020-12-11 13:17:58PL: Leeds vs West Ham (match facts & stats) 2020/2021
- Leeds United opened the scoring against Chelsea in the last Premier League round but eventually lost 3-1. In turn, ‘Whites’ have now conceded 3+ goals in each of their last three defeats, and their average of 1.83 goals conceded per match is the third-worst in the league.
- After winning their first PL home match of the season by a bombastic 4-3 scoreline, Leeds have since gone winless as hosts (D2, L2), whilst scoring a meagre 0.5 goals on average across those matches. Notably, this will be the first top-flight H2H since 2002/03 – Leeds won the home fixture 1-0, for a fifth successive PL home H2H at the time to see just one team score (W4, L1).
- West Ham United also lost 3-1 after scoring the opener in the last round, with three single-goal margin PL wins in a row prior to that. The ‘Hammers’ will begin the match in eighth place (six places above Leeds), having won their last four PL matches against teams currently beneath them in the table – three of those ‘to nil’.
- Away from home, West Ham have two wins ‘to-nil’ this season, as well as four competitive games (D1, L3) in which both teams scored. There have been six goals scored after the 80th minute across their five PL away matches this term (W2, D1, L2), though this could work against them, as they have dropped a league-high 19 points from winning positions in 2020.
- Including the previous five in succession, eight of the last nine PL H2Hs won/lost either way have seen the winner lead at HT.
- Leeds United have 1W, 1D, 3L in five matches while West Ham United have 3W, OD, 2L.
- West Ham United have scored in their last 6 away matches.
- Leeds United have an average of 0.67 goals in their last three matches and West Ham United have an average of 1.33
- Leeds United haven’t won at home in their last 4 matches.
PLAYERS TO WATCH
- Patrick Bamford has opened the scoring in three of his last four goalscoring outings.
- Tomás Souček has two goals across West Ham’s last four Premier League matches (both with his right foot).
West Ham to win/draw